The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Wages of Sin


As far as I concerned we are all sinners, one way or another we had fallen short of God's grace.
Sin is like a heavy load of dirty laundry we carried around everywhere we go, sin can blind us and harden our hearts, sin can drive us to the bottom of the pit, by the time we realize we are at the bottom we had already build a big wall between God and us. Sin separated us from God.
Sin can separate us from people we care and love, sometimes that can be for ever...
Sometimes my husband and I get into some nonsense arguments and I get so angry at my husband (we know anger is a sin) that I can't think and I start sinning with my mouth and thoughts...all of the sudden I become self righteous (self righteousness is a sin) I start thinking that he has to come an apologize first...he is the one who's wrong not me (pride is a sin) after all I'm the one who's always right, I'm the one who God's loves the most, I'm the one who reads the Bible everyday (self righteousness is a sin) it is nothing wrong with me, my husband is the one who doesn't understands me, so that makes it his fault" this is so typical of me.
Thanks God the Holy  Spirit always convict me right away! I come to God and repent of all those horrible thoughts that I just had. I always pray that God will forgive me for offending the man He has giving me for a husband. I love my husband so much.
When people sin against us we have to forgive them, even if they don't repent of what they have done to us, we have to trust in the Lord that He will deal with them, and for us...we don't want to carry any load that separate us from God, so the best thing to do is forgive others, being angry at others is a sin.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7:28
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed [me].

1John  1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1John 2:1
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

2 comments:

Kristel said...

Oh Patty, I totally understand. But it's true, even if the other person doesn't apologize, we should. It doesn't matter who's right or wrong, we need to follow Jesus and give it to Him.

Anders Branderud said...

Hello! In one post you wrote: “e.g., those in darkness/those in the light; those with eternal life/those with eternal death;”

(le-havdil) I want to comment about foregiveness which has implications about eternal life.

How to live in order to enable the Creator in His loving kindness to provide His foregivness is outlined in the Jewish Bible ; and was also taught by the first century Ribi Yehoshua from Nazareth (the Mashiakh; the Messiah).

The Jewish Bible – for example Yekhëzqeil (Hezekiel) 18 – promises foregivness to those who do their sincerest to keep Torah. The Creator cannot lie and He does not change (Malakhi 3:6)! According to Tehilim (“Psalms”) 103 the Creator gives his foregivness to those who do their sincerest to keep His berit (“covenant”; the pre-conditions to be included in the berit is according to the Jewish Bible to do ones sincerest to keep Torah).

You will find Ribi Yehoshuas teachings here: Netzarim.

Anders Branderud