The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

My Father was an alcoholic person, who put my mother through hardship from the beginning.
They had 4 children together which one of them die at birth, the doctor told my mother that the baby had die of heart failure, he told my father that he had killed our new baby born sister.
My dad made a promised to my mom that he will never drink again! from that day on we became a normal family, those were the best years of my life! my mom got pregnant again and she had a beautiful and healthy baby girl (that will be my younger sis).
We were happy, we didn't have much but we had what we needed to live a normal life.

Then everything changed again! ten years after that promise my dad went back into drinking again…those days were terrifying days for all of us because my brothers and I were teens and my little sis was only 10 years old. I remember my mom saying "he is going back to who he really was…an alcoholic"
I remember been scared and not caring about school anymore, I remember thinking on looking for a job to support my mom and I'm sure that my older brothers were thinking about the same thing.
I remember my mom and I making paper flower to sell at the market place, my mom will go to the market place to sell the flowers and later she will come back with something to cook for dinner.

Now my dad was working all the time but when he started drinking he would even take two weeks off without saying anything to his boss and he will spend those two weeks drinking and spending the little money we had.

In 1983 my dad came to Jesus and he accepted Him into his life…it has been a great battle for my dad trying to stay sober, but now we had all moved out and I have been trying to make him see that only Jesus can cure him.
My dad is now 73 years old, he doesn't drink any more, he is taking care of my mother and what gives me peace in my heart is that I can see that he has taken the Lord more seriously.
My dad will never be the perfect dad, but I know for sure that God is in his life.

I love my dad and I pray that our Lord will bless him abundantly in every way!

LOVE YOU DAD ❤ ❤ ❤

No comments: