The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Attracted to Holiness and Purity


How I rejoiced when I became a mom for a first time, second time and third time. Every pregnancy and every child where different from one another.
As the time went by, everyone of my children started having their own personality, they are different from one another.
I have learned to take different approaches with each of them, one thing that I do, no matter which of my children I’m talking to, is that I always tell them the way things are, I never lie to them to make the truth look nice. My children know right from wrong, I always tell them that God is always watching them, even if they are in their room with the door locked.

-When my older son was in High School was very cautious of whom he will make friend  with, I believe that God has giving him the spirit of discernment, plus the advises from us his parents, right now he is happily married and serving our great nation.

-My younger son has a mind of his own, he is very different than his older brother, that doesn’t stop us, my husband and I have to work a little bit harder in teaching him right from wrong. He is sixteen and he loves the Lord Jesus Christ, he plays bass for the Lord at our church. I believed that the seed have been planted in his heart...that makes me very happy and gives peace to my heart because I know that whatever he does and wherever he goes, Jesus is with him for ever!

-My daughter is the youngest of the three, she is now thirteen going fourteen :( she is going to high school this coming year :( she still my baby :)
My daughter is very mature and modest, she doesn’t like skimpy cloth that teens wear these days. She is not like this just by accident, she is like this because she loves the Lord Jesus Christ, plus her parents teachings and advices.

Not only teach your children holy and pure, be an example to them that they may follow mom and dad’s good teachings.

We need to pray for our children to be attracted to holiness and purity like a magnet, so that when anything entices them that isn’t holy and pure, they detect the pull immediately and are made uncomfortable enough to thoroughly reject it.

Lord, I pray that You would fill my three children with a love for You that surpasses their love for anything or anyone else. Help them to respect revere Your laws and understand  that they are there for their benefit. May them clearly see that when Your laws are disobeyed, life doesn’t work. Feel their hearts so that there is no attraction to sin.

Proverbs 20:11
Even a child is known by his deeds, Whether what he does [is] pure and right. 

Proverbs 20:27
 The spirit of a man [is] the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart

In Jesus mighty name AMEN!!!

No comments: