The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

As the days go by and we get older!


January 6 was my 50th b-day....ho boy! I never thought that I would get this old...when I see back and remember my youth and my childhood it seems like all these things happened yesterday.
God has giving me a good life, full of adventures and sad times which I'd used to make better decisions through out my life.

Now that I'm 50 and one of my children is in the Air Force and the other two are in their teen, they don't need me as much as before….this makes me kind of sad, but I understand that this is the circle of life, it happened to my parents and now it's happening to me.

I was reading the book of Titus and I came across the following verses…this got me to think! that God always has something for us…this shows me that my job is not done in this earth. That I can use my life experiences to help younger women with their every day struggles.
God is good!!!! Love Him soooooo much!!!

Titus 2:3-8
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
to be self‑controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
Similarly, encourage the young men to be self‑controlled.
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness
and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

AMEN!

1 comment:

JT said...

I have heard the first 50 years are the beginning of your life. You just have to keep thinking that is true.