The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Friday, April 2, 2010

Do we know what Good Friday means?

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

2 Corinthians 13:4
For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you.

-----
I don't understand why it is so hard for us to grasp what Jesus crucifixion means.
We will never know how painful and degrading it was for Jesus to go  through the agony of dying for us.
Like the song says....
♫ ♪ We'll never know how much it cost, to see my sin upon that Cross ♫ ♪
And here we are, taking that pain for granted, not seeing it for what really is.
Many of us came to Christianity with an open heart and much excitement, hungry for the word of God, but 
through out the years we became custom to the word of God, we thought that we knew it all, got too comfortable  with it and got our guard down, we started listening to the world instead of the Word of God,
we lost our ways down the road.

I've heard many Christians say "we are save anyways" or "God will forgive me because He loves me"
that is all true, but that only shows how Selfish that person is, and how little love and respect that person has for what Jesus went through when He died on the Cross for us.

We should live our Christian life as if we were in a race running to win a prize, not letting anything make us stumble on our way to "the judgment seat of Christ". Yes, Jesus will reward us with a crown.

1 Corinthians 9:25
And everyone who competes [for the prize] is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a perishable crown, but we [for] an imperishable [crown]. 

Do you want to come in First place or Last?


Then, take your time to confess your sins and start bowing to Jesus for all He has done for your Salvation, live the life He wants you to live...Don't be a mediocre Christian. Be a full of the Holy Spirit Christian.


Here is a video for you to remember what Good Friday is all about...sorry if you don't like to see blood, but this is a movie that shows how the "Blood of our Salvation" was obtained.



No comments: