The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The book of Habakkuk

I just finish reading the book of Habakkuk in the old testament, this is one of the shortest book in the Bible.
This book tough me that I'm not alone when it comes to question God, some times it's hard for me to comprehend the evil of man. Man are capable of doing the most horrific things to one another.

I'm a big fan of reading about WWII and the Jewish Holocaust. I like to read mainly about personal survival stories, not 'til I started to read these stories, I realize how much wickedness exist in the heart of man.
What the Nazis did to 12,000,000 people in Europe, make me ask God "why"

Habakkuk 1:2
O LORD, how long shall I cry, And You will not hear? Even cry out to You, "Violence!" And You will not save. 

This is how Habakkuk starts questioning God...

Most people in this world question God about the injustice that exist all around us.
Many of us feel like things are not always fair, this discontent can come from many different areas in our lives, a good example will be at work, imagine if you are a good Christian and you have been working hard and you have been waiting for this promotion, but at the end somebody else gets it, somebody who clearly doesn't deserves it.
The first thing that will come out your mouth will be "why God" it's not fair!!

God doesn't wants us to despair, He wants us to have Faith. Faith is what makes things happen in our lives, without Faith our hopes are dead.Remember that God's time it's not our time, God always has a plan, they might seam unfair to us, but we don't know the out-coming only God knows, we need to have Faith and patience.


Habakkuk 1:5
"Look among the nations and watch-- Be utterly astounded! For [I will] work a work in your days [Which] you would not believe, though it were told [you].

Here God is telling Habakkuk, that he will see His work, God is already dealing with the issue, it doesn't matter how long God will let it go, but the point is that nothing will go unpunished, we might not see His punishment but the evil one for certain will get what they deserve.  
History shows us that the evil one always looses one way or another, a good example will be the Nazis and their fall.

Our God is all mighty, He doesn't have to answer our questions, but He does in time. Many times we can't understand God's ways, but if we put our Faith in Him, He will reveal many things to us and many we will never see the answer in this world but I assure you that God will take care of it.

HAVE FAITH AND PATIENCE

1 comment:

Kristel said...

Wow Patty, I really needed to hear (read) this. I'm at a point where I've been waiting for God to "work" and I'm frustrated. Thanks for writing this, I'm gonna have to go and read Habakkuk, again. =)