The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What God tells us about "Patience"

My daily routine had changed in the last month, I have my nephew living with us, he needs our help for now, he is in between decisions about his future. I'm glad I have a blood relative living with us.
I know how important it is to help one another. I know my heart is in the right place and that is why I'm glad I can help people, the most important reason is that this is what Jesus had commanded us to do. For every step I take to help others, I need to be "Patient" things might not go the way I want to... this is where my mistake is... I want to see the results as soon as possible, I forget that it is God's timing and not mine. I'm just a tool that God is using to do His will in others.
If you are going to help others be "Patient" don't be anxious for the results you want to see, those results might not be what you want them to be, they might be "God's results".
Do not help others for your own gain and don't do it for recognition or for attention, that will not please God!! We need to help others with a humble heart.

Romans 15:4
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Romans 15:5
Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus

James 1:4
But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Good luck with everything, your future with a job and your nephew's future. Wish we were closer to visit! We miss you all.