The fruit of the righteous is a tree of Life, And he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Signs of the End






Why be scared? Why be confused? Why make up stories? Why pray to idols?
Don't you know it's the end of the world? Don't you know the DAY is approaching?

Many are scared, many are ignoring the signs, many are just too stubborn, many have hardened their hearts.


Well...I used to be one of those people.
I remember when I was in El Salvador going through that horrible civil war.
One night my mom, my sister and I were the only ones in the house (my brother had been killed days before)
we were experiencing a big storm with lighting and thunder and my mom kept saying,"God is punishing us for this war" and all of a sudden one of the lighting hit this big electrical transformer on the post and the whole thing caught on fire right in front of our house, we were scared to death, we just sat in front of the window in the dark, staring at the electrical transformer on fire. My mom kept saying how angry God must be with us.

At that time, I was 18 or 19 years old and I didn't have any relation ship with God and didn't know why Jesus had died on the cross. I knew of them but I had never been close to them.
That is why at that time I couldn't understand why these things were happening. I couldn't understand why my dear brother had to die and I couldn't understand why brother was against brother.

I'd been saved since 1993, and as my relation ship with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit grows, I get to understand more and more why these things are happening. As I get closer to God, the Holy Spirit reveals more things to me.
Now I know why these events are taking place and why it's getting worse instead of getting better.
I'm not scared to death any more. "I have the hope of Salvation", and I can't wait for Jesus to return.
I know that we are going to experience some of the pain that the end will bring, BUT I don't think that we,  "followers of Christ" will see the wrath of God. I believe that we are going to see the signs....Just don't be afraid or surprised for what's to come...because all these disasters, wars and the persecution of Christians, it's just the beginning of the end.

If you are not sure what to do to be safe from the wrath of God that is at hand...you can either visit a church to learn more of what's to come, or read God's word (Bible).
God wants us to know all the things that are coming. He had made it very easily for us to interpret the signs.

Do Not Be Afraid....Just Be Prepared!

Luke 21:25-28
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;26-men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27-Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.28-Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

Roman 5:9
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

1 Thessalonians 1:10
and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, [even] Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10-who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

No comments: